1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian Package A 2004 CD Player

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Marg, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Marg

Marg New Member

I have absolutely no clue about car audio issues, so I thought I'd ask the forum....

We have a 2004 Prius purchased in Canada. In that model year, two "flavours" of Prius were available: a basic (package A) and a deluxe (package B). We have package A. It came with a CD player (not a CD changer -- it only plays one CD at a time) and radio.

Of late, the CD player has functioned only intermittently. At first, we thought the problem was with the CDs... now we're starting to wonder whether the player is at fault. The CDs often work in other machines, even when they aren't working in the car.

We're wondering whether to get the CD player replaced, or whether there is the possibility of modifying audio system allow us to play mp3s.

Has any one had similar problems with their CD player? How did you solve the problem?

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a similar car, though maybe the CD player works a bit better. At first I thought it only had trouble with home made CDs, but now it doesn't like some commercial ones, either. I find it helps if the stereo is on before the disk is fed in, and sometimes several tries are necessary. I've been thinking of an upgrade for awhile now, mostly to improve the sound quality, but a fully functional CD player will be nice, too.

3. Marg

Marg New Member

What kind of upgrade are you considering?