1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian Prius/Hybrid/EcoFriendly Meet

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by mabelair, Dec 19, 2007.

1. mabelair

mabelair New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    So, there's been a bit of interest expressed in a Canadian Prius/Hybrid/Ecofriendly meet. I'm soliciting interest from this community here, and maybe the community at large to see if a) there is interest for this type of event; and b) whether or not people would be interested in coming to the Nation's Capital for a meet-up.

We could host a meet & greet, a fuel efficiency challenge, have some guest speakers, a bunch of events. do not know, it might be fun. I'm not sure that there's something quite like this in Canada yet, and it might be interesting to have our American friends up too, if they choose to make the trip.

Anyway, please let me know if you're interested either in participating or helping coordinate. I wouldn't mind taking the lead on this and putting something together.

Sincerely,

Marc-André

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tempting! But I can't do a cross-country trip yet, especially not in my current family situation. I might be up in Toronto soon (depends on whether I get the job or not) but I won't have my Prius with me :(.

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not a bad idea, but it's a bit of a drive, at least for me. :)

4. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Good idea; never been in Ottawa and tempted to drive from Toronto there.

Gabe

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I only saw ONE blue Prius in Toronto (forget which highway I was on.. 401 or 407.. one of them) in my two day stay.

Saw no other hybrids :(.

6. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Tideland,

I had my Prius now for almost a year and there is a definite increase in their numbers in the Toronto area. BTW mine is blue :)

Gabe

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well were you on the highway on Friday around 4pm doing 120km/h? (either eastbound or northbound. I didn't check my nav but I was on the way to the airport).

Yeah I didn't get the chance to go downtown. I'm just so used to seeing hybrids everywhere (mostly Prius and TCH followed by the HCH-II) here in the Lower Mainland.

8. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    As it happens I was on the 401 last Friday and around the Airport going East but it was after 5PM and I don't drive 120 KMH. I have a Prius and it likes to sip fuel not gulp it - LOL.
    Gabe

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL.

It's still sipping at 120km/h. Check usbseawolf's videos. At... 65mph (so 104km/h or so?), the Prius is just above idle.. around 1,900rpm? Just check his Google video. It's a nice low rpm that's not achievable with a regular automatic.