1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian Spec.... ulation

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone want to try and guess the packaging that Toyota Canada may put together?

Do you think we'll get bluetooth audio? ACC? IPA? 17" alloys?

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd like to see more than three 'packages'. More availability of individual options would be good.

3. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    I really hope we will get ACC, LKA, LED headlight and headlight washer as an option since those will be the feature I always use. The moon roof will be an nice option too. But I think they will just have 2 options package like they have now.....maybe I'm wrong??? If it really only have 2 option package, I think it will be most likely similar to those pre-order package in US.

Edit: the more I look at the news release in the toyota.ca website, the more I think we MIGHT not have the fancy option since the picture they have there look like genuine Canada spec (those photos are not no from US pressroom).

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah that's why I posted this.... I have a sinking feeling it'll cost the same as a loaded US (well the Platinum one anyway) without ACC/PCS/LKA and Safety Connect but we may gain the SP Moonroof.

The Canadian news release did mention LEDs, the moonroof and IPA but no mention of ACC/PCS/LKA. While they are nice options, I've seen how expensive they are in Canada on Lexus models and it would be a little, umm, slap on the face to Lexus IS and ES owners (and GS owners for that matter) that a Prius gets the feature before they do.

I do hope we get headlight washers. They're a godsend in the winter.

I'm thinking maybe a Premium Package, Technology Package and a Navigation Package in addition to the base model.

5. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    I totally agree this one!! Expecially this winter! The salt that build on the lens are so thick that I don't even know if I turn on my headlight or not. It's a good thing I have the fog light installed to help a bit.....

But.....I don't see any headlight washer in the Prius with LED headlight at the car show and they didn't mention on the Pre-Order brochure...also, there are fine print at the bottom of the 2010 toyota prius website at toyota.com said that "Prototype vehicle shown with optional equipment. Production model may vary." So...I'm wonder will they take away the headlight washer when they launch the production model for Us (or even Canada)????

For other fancy options, I don't think they will offer the Safety Connect to Canada at all. Even if they do, I don't think I will choose that option because I hate monthy payment.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's included. I saw a US model with headlight washers.

I don't see us getting Safety Connect or ACC/PCS/LKA. I'm thinking everything else will be available. Leather is tricky. They may or may not offer it depending on how they want to price the car (i.e. put other high tech stuff in favour of a leather interior or vice versa). Heated seats (cloth or leather) would be nice. Again, I'm sure they're having a tough time trying to price it correctly and with the right features.

Currently, the Premium Package has VSC, JBL, Aux Input, bluetooth SKS, backup camera, 16" alloys for $3k

VSC and SKS will be standard. Backup camera will be bundled with the nav and replace 16" with 17". They'll probably drop the auto-dimming mirror w/Homelink and foglights to offset the cost of other new additions (like one-touch power windows and 4-wheel disc brakes). With the loss of the MFD, they should be able to get it very close to the current price, if not lower (which I doubt).

Throwing out a suggestion, a Premium Package may be something like this:

JBL, bluetooth, 3-door SKS (if it's not standard), auto-dimming mirror w/Homelink, heated front seats, leather.

Maybe a Tech Pack will added SP Moonroof, LED, fogs, 17" alloys??

Nav = nav, backup camera, IPA??

Or maybe they'll just bundle both into a "Tech Package"???

7. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Oh yeah, I just saw it from your other post, my bad. I really wish I was there since I live in Windsor but the "priusteam" said it's just for US resident only so I'm not invited..........

Personally I will rather not have the leather as option since it will crack after several years if not take care well, but the heated seat will be a nice option though.

I think it MIGHT be more like the lexus package configuration: basic < Premium pkg (like what you list on yours) < Premium + moonroof pkg < Ultra Premium pkg (like what you said as tech pack + nav).

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like your packaging... but I've noticed Toyota is promoting the navigation option (The IS and ES have two packages with navigation). I'm not sure if they'll do the same with Toyotas. (Maybe not since it's packaged with IPA).

9. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    If they not group the options like the way lexus is, will they group like like Sienna? Since among the Toyota Line up in Canada, Sienna has the closest features / options (except hybrid component of course) that Prius has....

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm just basing it on the current one and what seems logical.

11. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm pretty happy with the heated seats, tilt/telescopic steering and the (finally!) height adjustable driver's seat. The rest is just candy, although I must admit I am intrigued by the adaptive cruise control.
    I'll wait until they release an OEM PHEV version (no aftermarket conversion) until I consider a change.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    assuming they're standard features. Heated seats is one of those items that I can't guess whether it'll be standard or optional. So far, they've always been optional (and paired with leather) in Canada. Also, it'll depend whether leather will be offered in Canada so there's another uncertainty.

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, the details for PC Toronto that John-Paul posted mentioned PCS which means we'll get ACC/PCS/LKA (cause they won't be available individually).

This will push the Prius close to $40k =( unless Toyota Canada is feeling generous and actually creates value in each package (Lexus Canada did drop the prices but their package prices are ridiculous. They're charging premium leather price for standard leather on the IS for example or 2005 prices for navigation on the ES).

Sucks... I'd like to have a fully loaded Prius so without the ACC/PCS/LKA will make it more reasonable in price. Guess I'll have to settle for a model without that unless TCI can cut a sweet deal.

14. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    I just found out from the pics below that prius have sunroof, led headlight (with washer), parking sensor (auto parking?) and foglight with 15" wheel. I'm woundering is it going to be one of the package???

[​IMG]

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah and it has the 15" alloys. The Clearance Sensors on the front bumper are for the IPA, yes. But it's gonna be weird with the 15" alloys carrying all that weight. I don't mind giving up leather if it has the 17" alloys. I guess they could delete both and save a few grand off the MSRP.

TOYOTA CANADA : TOYOTA.CA LANGUAGE also shows a base silver Prius in the news release.

16. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    ^ look like that picture I post earlier have the pre collision as well since the front emblem are blue with the transparent material, and the basic model that you mention are made in different material. if it is, I don't mind this model at all since it have everything I want. the 17" wheel I can get it off someone else or I can get the 16" volks ce28 eco drive....

17. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You're right, however some of the people at PCD said that the emblem will come standard on all models regardless of PCS or not. If so, then we'll be hard-pressed to distinguish the models.

But yeah if they stick with the 15" and not offer leather (heated seats would be nice up north), they can keep the price down a few grand.

The only way to tell if the car has PCS is to look at the mirror. PCS is bundled with ACC and LKA and LKA uses a camera mounted behind the rear view mirror so if we can someone zoom and still get a clear picture, we can determine if there's a camera mounted there.

18. ea8631

ea8631 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    oh...at first I though the the camera is for LKA only because all the pre collision (at lease in japanese domestic market) equipped model (corolla, estmia....etc) have their front emblem made with transparent material.

19. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Drool, maybe there's hope yet in the US then?

20. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    it is. The Advanced PCS will also use the camera. And yes normal cars will have that plastic cover in front of the emblem (see the old LS430s) but since then, Toyota has went with a solid emblem that's why my first guess was that those with the solid blue emblems were radar-cruise-control-equipped cars with PCS.

There is but I'm not counting on 2010. 2011 or 2012 maybe.