1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canceled Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JBJAG, Dec 2, 2005.

1. JBJAG

JBJAG New Member

Having been ripped off by my local selling dealer to the sum of $2200 for the extended warranty, I went back in and cancelled it.

I also cancelled it via email and a phone call with Toyota Credit/insurance services.

My dealed BS'ed me and insisted that because the paperwork had been processed the refund would NOT be refunded back to me but that it would be applied to the loan amount and thus my monthly payment would remain the same but my total owed would be less -

This is crap -

after leaving the dealership I called Toyota - complained about my dealer and they told me that I could have the refund sent directly back to me -

I just recieved it 2 weeks later - see attached document -

anyway now I can go buy my EW from Troy for $990, as well as the fully paid maitainance program and still have some cash left over ......

Thank you PRIUSCHAT for the education and all the excellent -money saving' advice and offers.

Attached Files:

2. mark_hamrick

mark_hamrick New Member

I just received my book and card from Toyota for my platinum 6 yr/100k mile warranty. Got it through Troy thanks to this site! We all owe Danny a big thank you for saving us big bucks!!!

Don't let dealers lead you astray with their sales pitch on the warranty. You can purchase it anytime during the regular warranty coverage period.

Thanks Troy and Danny!

Mark :D