1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canceling a "Detour" command

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by flynz4, Jan 24, 2006.

1. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Twice now... my voice recognition mis-interpreted a command and set the NAV to "detour". From that point on... the NAV was trying to move me off of the main route to alternate routes... which of course is what you would want it to do in in fact there was a "REAL" detour.

I am looking for the technique to cancel a detour command. The only way I know how to do it is to stop the car, cancel the entire navigation, and then renter the route.

/Jim

2. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    I've wondered about that, but I've not really investigated it. Have you tried changing the search mode to get it to recalculate? (say "Quick 1" or "Short", or I think it's under the "Route" menu as "Search condition").

Also, when the voice system recognises (or misrecognises) a command, it shows it on the screen and says it out loud before it executes it. If you see it's gone wrong, you can quickly press the Voice button on the steering wheel to cancel the command and try again.