1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canceling Platinum Extra Care Agreement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NYMama, Sep 29, 2008.

1. NYMama

NYMama Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I received my extra care agreement today and have 30 days to cancel. If I cancel, how long does it generally take to process the refund?

Also, the dealer is 2 hours away. Can I cancel through Toyota or do I have to deal with the finance guy again (really don't want to do that)? The agreement I recevied today is for 7/75000 and I purchased a 7/100,000 contract. The finance guy quoted me an outrageous price, but came down after I told him I could get it for half what he wants. He also told me if I didn't buy from him, I would never be able to buy it, and I knew he was lying or completely uninformed (but I'll guess lying). I did not want to buy from him , but my husband was getting annoyed with me and I gave in, and now I know I should have gone with my gut feeling.

2. Santiago

Santiago New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I did nearly the same thing and was told two days later that it takes at least three weeks to cancel the agreement.