1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cannot reset auto window after battery disconnect

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mwhaley99, Jun 13, 2006.

1. mwhaley99

mwhaley99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had a subwoofer installed the other day and they disconnected the battery (I think) and now the Auto window function on the the drivers side will not go auto up or down.

I tried the reset function from the manual (which worked after I first got the vehicle a few weeks ago)

But it is not working now, I find that when I press it to go down or up, that the first push (before the click for auto) does nothing and that I have to push/pull it all the way (to the click for auto) and keep my finger on it in order to put it up or down.

Any ideas ?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    start with window up
    roll all the way down
    hold button down for 1 sec or more after it hits bottom
    roll all the way up
    hold button up for 1 sec or more after it hits the top

give that a shot and see if it works. if the halfway down then back up doesn't work, and this doesn't work, there's a problem somewhere.

3. mwhaley99

mwhaley99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Already tried both ways and neither work. :(

4. KMO

KMO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    The recalibration only works if the auto light on the button is flashing. If yours isn't flashing, disconnect the 12V battery and try again. Actually, even if it is flashing you might as well try it.

5. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jun 13 2006, 08:56 PM) [snapback]270942[/snapback]</div>
    That's different from the one I read. The version I read is to roll the window down 1/2 way, then pull up on the button (putting it in auto mode) until the window rolls all the way up, and keep holding it for at least another 5-7 seconds.

Dave

6. mwhaley99

mwhaley99 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveG @ Jun 14 2006, 12:08 AM) [snapback]271014[/snapback]</div>
    I see the Auto light flashing on the window button, but everything I have tried as failed.

I will be adding some window deflectors in a couple of weeks, so I will try again then and if not, I will try disconnecting the battery and then try.