1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cant find a stereo wiring harness for my prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Eunhon, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Eunhon

Eunhon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone. Im trying to install an aftermarket stereo unit but all of the ones I find that are "compatible, with my prius is a different connection. The female part is 20 pins. Ive uploaded a picture. Any help will be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After market stereo's aren't designed to plug into existing OEM plugs, though some time you can buy kits that might do that. But in general, we use the wiring diagram stickers on the original and new deck to find and connect the wires you need an then simply cut out the plugs and insulate the wires. You can also use a test light to find the 12v power wires, as well as a small 9volt battery to find the right speaker wires because the battery will make the speaker click when you connect it.

3. Flyte

Flyte New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you have the JBL speakers in your Prius? If so, you need an adapter made by Axxess called TYTO-1. You should be able to get it on Crutchfield. It's used by this guy in his video:

4. bl817

bl817 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know its been a month OP, but I have a double din dash kit and wiring harness plus resistor if your interested. they were in my 08' non JBL car.

PriusCamper likes this.