1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't get a good deal on the 2014 Prius C Four

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by franziskaner, Jul 9, 2014.

1. franziskaner

franziskaner New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hi!

I called to 10 different dealerships, trying to get a better deal on the 2014 Prius c Four, but ALL responses were slightly higher then the MSRP on toyota.com and there was no room for negotiation.

I need a specific color which has to be ordered directly from the distributor. I was offered some discount on what was already in stock, but no discount on my order at all.

According to some threads on this forum, many people were able to get great deals - from $1500 to 2200 below the MSRP.

I was wondering, did anyone have the same problem I'm having right now? Is it possible to actually get a good deal on the ordered 2014 Prius C right now?

2. Gunnter

Gunnter New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I don't know about the four, but I'm finally picking up my three tomorrow. It wasn't allocated to my dealer, but they were able to find on that was coming into port (not quite the same situation) and do a dealer trade. I'm getting it for almost $3k under MSRP. I did start the process before the latest financing offer went live, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Are you looking for factory 16s? Other than that, can't you get everything else that comes on a four as an option (better yet, install it yourself and save a bit) on the three?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    when a car has to be ordered, there's no incentive to discount. they know you can't get it from someone else. try danny and see if he can help. a priuschat dealer might give you $500. off or something.

4. franziskaner

franziskaner New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The only reason I decided on the Four it's because I don't want fabric seats. Is it possible to get leather seats somewhere which will fit and look as good as original? Are you referring to Clazzio Leather Seat Covers for 2012-2014 Toyota Prius c - PriusChat Shop ?

Got a quote on the Three as well and also slightly above the MSRP.

I don't know whom to ask. If there is a dealer from my area who's willing to give a discount:))), please send me a PM.

#4 franziskaner, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  5. SK8US

SK8US New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Try Thompsons Toyota in Placerville, CA. I got a great deal and was in and out with my new C under 1 hour.

6. SK8US

SK8US New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Use Auto Trader and Email all within 200 miles.
    95667 has a 4 for 23,200

7. Heat Gun

Heat Gun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have you tried TrueCar.com ?
    This is how I bought mine $3.5k below MSRP

upload_2014-7-18_18-10-30.png

8. Eco-Tico

Eco-Tico New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Don't call, email all within 150 miles. Let them earn your business. Tell them you are receiving bids from multiple dealers, not quotes. Ask for an itemized OTD. I was able to obtain a bid for 3.3 K below MSRP. Although, I don't know if I will go that route.

9. chrisfull

chrisfull New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    22,065 for a 2014 prius c four yesterday in so. Cal.