1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't get radio/cd player working. Screen says Audio off?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Corey Bittner, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Corey Bittner

Corey Bittner New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi there,

I just bought my 2005 Prius from a used car dealership last week and I have had no luck in getting any audio working. Pressing the audio button on the interface brings up a screen that says 'Audio Off' In the trunk of the car I found a slip of paper that looked promising in the set up of the system but the steps are pretty much useless given that the second one (Victory Technology Info Logo) is no where on the website. I'm figuring that it's because the car is older, but still leaves me with no radio/cd player (cd player will take discs but will not play or eject). In the glove compartment there is a remote, but it does not seem to do anything.

I have a feeling I am missing something, but this is the first car I have ever owned so I don't know what I am looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

PS: I tried to upload pics of the radio but uploading a file gives me an error message everytime...not sure what's up with that.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    you need more posts to upload pix. if you have the stock stereo, the remote is not for your car. could be whoever traded it in had an aftermarket head unit and they took it out when they traded the car, but forgot to take the remote. if that's the case they may not have correctly hooked up the original when they removed the better unit.
    if you have an aftermarket head unit, it may not be hooked up correctly either, or you must use the controls on the head unit itself because whoever installed it didn't use the correct steering wheel button interface-- metra axxess works well on these cars.

so is it stock or aftermarket?

and
    what kind of dealer did you buy it from that you can't get them to take a look at it?