1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can't Play music from my iPhone via bluetooth

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Fireyshamrock, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Fireyshamrock

Fireyshamrock New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2005 Prius and currently play my music through the tape deck via my iPhone 4. I was driving a few days ago and saw in the bottom right hand of the screen a square with a little triangle in it. After clicking it I had the option to play through the bluetooth connection. I was VERY excited as less cables would be great. I got in the car the next day and the option isnt there anymore, I don't know how it happened, but I know it did so there HAS to be a way to do it and I am just the idiot who can't figure it out. Any ideas?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If you have the stock stereo, it seems unlikely this is possible at all. I'm 90% sure that A2DP music streaming over BT wasn't available until 3rd gen (2010+ model year) as it was one of the new features touted.

3. Fireyshamrock

Fireyshamrock New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's what I thought which is why I was extra excited when I saw it happen. I am guessing it was some kind of overlap as I had just hung up the phone, but even still if it did it by accident that means the technology is there right? Is there anything I'm supposed to do within the prius besides add phone to connect it for music? If not then I guess I just had a random fluke........well either that or the technology was there and they wanted an extra reason for people to buy the car the next year..

4. pvogel

pvogel '05 Five & '12 v

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    A2DP didn't *exist* as a standard when the 05 Prius was rolled out, there's no way your Prius (which is the same model year as mine) supports a2dp. As I recall, part of the phone/Bluetooth functionality in the Prius has some audio settings, that may have been what you saw.

Peter+

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Perhaps the OP's phone was connected to another device that supported A2DP.