1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Capital One Bowl, New Years Day..

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by nascrlvr, Dec 9, 2009.

1. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Is anyone going this year????

2. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Update: We got our tickets to travel with LSU to the bowl game. We plan to spend our 2 free days at Disney World. I have not been in a very long time. Any suggestions of which parks/ attractions to see while there??? Thanks for any help!!

3. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you're taking munchkins with you, then The Magic Kingdom is a must for one of the days. My wife & I are big fans of EPCOT. There's a couple of good thrill-type rides (Mission: Space, Test Track) if you're into those. Lotsa good food in the World Showcase. Get yourself a dinner reservation at one of the countries (Canada's steakhouse fills up fast) for a real treat.

Oh .. and one more thing:

Go Nittany Lions!
    [​IMG]

4. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Proco.....thanks for the suggestions. No kiddies, just us "big kids..." Where is World Showcase located? Sounds like something we would like....also any micro-brewery, sports bar type things for my hubby?? Can't wait 'till we leave....early on the 29th....gonna' be a good time.....and we'll end this banter on the field New Years Day!!!

5. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The world showcase is at the back of epcot. The front part of epcot has a lot of rides & educational type attractions. That's where "Space" and "Test Track" are. There's another kinda cool one called "Soarin'", where you simulate hang gliding over California.

Don't think there's any kind of microbrew within the park. But there's a Biergarten in "Germany" and a lot of good ales in the "United Kingdom".

Epcot | Walt Disney World Resort

Since it's going to be just "big kids", you might consider Disney MGM (now called Disney Hollywood Studios) instead of the Magic Kingdom.

Disney's Hollywood Studios | Walt Disney World Resort

You could also skip a second disney day and head a little north to Universal Studios.

Universal Studios, Orlando: Theme Parks, Attractions, Accommodations, Shopping and more.

6. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Proco......thank you, thank you, thank you!! I will take your suggestions and check those out. Geaux Tigers!!!

7. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Proco,

quick question....how far from Magic Kingdom to Universal Orlando? The band will be at Universal and we just bought tickets to there and don't know where it is!!! We are staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek on Disney property. Is there transportation that you know of from Disney to there??? thanks so much. We are so in the dark with this. This is a tour with LSU and the option to buy the tickets came in the packet and now we are confused. thanks...

8. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just checked google maps to refresh my memory (it's been at least 3 years since we've been down there). Universal is about 10 miles or so north of Disney. Straight up I-4, from looking at the map.

I don't really know what kind of transportation they have (we've always rented a car). I suggest calling the hotel and asking them. The whole Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area is so touristy, I'd be surprised if there weren't buses or shuttles that run from the hotel to Universal. With the bowl game, special arrangements might be made for things like that.

Good luck & enjoy!

9. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Proco, thanks so much. I emailed the LSU Alumni Association, the organizer of the trip, to ask "my stupid question." They've been pretty awesome so far, so I hope to have an answer to my question shortly. LSU's Golden Band from Tigerland (324 strong...) will be performing at Universal New Year's Eve at 3 and there's an alumni party there that night at Monsters Cafe. I am so-o-o looking forward to this. We have travelled with the baseball team (College Worlds Series championship #6 this year!!) but this is the first with the football team. Thanks again for all your help. It is so greatly appreciated. Will let you know what they tell me.....

10. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Proco....heard back from the Alumni and also called the hotel. Shuttle is to Disney properties but there are "cars and taxis" available to Universal. Hopefully, other fans will want to go and we can get together. thanks for the suggestions. Any other help from out there will be much appreciated. Again, thanks Proco!!

11. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Aside from the outcome of the game (and the weather ... whooh! that was one ugly field), how was your trip?

12. nascrlvr

nascrlvr nascrlvr

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Proco....the trip was wonderful. It was organized by the LSU Alumni and was highly organized. The Hilton Bonnet Creek hotel was fabulous. The only thing I wouldn't repeat would be going to Disney at this time of the year. The parks were overcrowded and closed to visitors early. Fast pass was already filled early in the day so you really couldn't ride anything....2 hours plus waits. So that was the down on that. Epcot was fun but we couldn't ride anything. Even the world restaurants had to be pre-booked. The walk up food had ridiculous lines. So that wasn't good.

The stadium was old and terrible. The highest bowl under the 4 BCS bowls should never be played in that kind of stadium or on that kind of field. High school games shouldn't be conducted on that kind of turf. So, I will go again to Disney just not when the kids are out of school. And...........I will be a Travelling Tiger with the Alumni again. That was great!!

So overall, I would rate it a B+ because of the crowds at Disney and the field conditions. I am so glad I went.....thanks for asking!!