1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

car air freshener

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by joeuser, Jun 22, 2009.

1. joeuser

joeuser Prius Junkie

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am finding that because of the capacity of my trunk, my buddies like to dump a lot of playing gear from our sporting activities in my car. And its getting a bit smelly with cricketing gear in the back all the time.

I'm in the market for a car air freshener. I've never owned a car before so I don't know where to get one and what kind to get. I don't wanna do something rash to make the internal smell horrible after a while. Also I'm not sure which ones are the best: the ones that fit right onto the air vents or the ones which hang on the rearview mirror and just spread the air particles.

Please help, I'd like to keep my car smelling nice and fresh. Im not concerned about it not smelling like a new car but i need a fresh smell when i get inside my car that isn't too potent to make me open the window every often.

I'd like to add the my vehicle (2009 prius package 3) is only 2 months new :)

thanks.

Joe

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ask and sniff around in other people's cars to find a scent you like. Pick them up from supermarkets and car parts retailers.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    We swear by this stuff:

ZeroOdor.com

Especially if you have allergies ... as it's not a chemical perfume simply covering up a stink. It even takes out a lot of stains! Hope I'm not sounding too much like the shamwow dude ... end of commercial.

4. FuelSpender

FuelSpender New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am a sucker for the SQUASH scented japanese air fresheners.

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

I've read people have had luck with this stuff sold at Griots Garage, which I use for my car care needs (except for sealant).

Stinky-Be-Gone - Griot's Garage

I use their spray interior car scent and to me it smells better and lasts longer than other liquid sprays sold at the auto parts store.

Leather, New Car, or Vanilla Scent - Interior Detailing - Car Care - Griot's Garage

6. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The best ever Spencer squash from japan :)

7. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  8. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Charge each of them a $5 cleaning fee for each trip. They'll start carrying their own gear.