1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car cover for harsh winter

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Michgal007, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

Can anyone suggest me a good, durable car cover for a 2006 Prius that can protect the car from the harsh michigan winter? We have about 4 months of snow up here. I would love to buy something that costs less than $200. I park my car in a dirt parking lot, so anyone can steal the cover, don't want to buy anything too expensive. Do they have locks in car covers? :unsure:

Thanks!

2. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    Same here. I'm interested in advice on an ice/snow/rain resistant cover.

I moved to a house with no garage, and spent a while scraping my windows this morning. A cover for the Prius would solve the problem. I won't have to store the cover in my car, because I have covered parking at work.

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eug @ Nov 22 2007, 09:20 AM) [snapback]542922[/snapback]</div>
    I bought mine from California Car Cover (Google them, not sure of their website). Its in my neighborhood, but they do online mail order. I think it was $140 or so. It came with mirror pockets, and antenna sleeve, custom made for Prius odd shape. It is "Stormweave Evolution Block-it" fabric, and seems very durable. There are grommets for a cable lock system (cable is $10, you supply the lock). I found the same material cover at Covercraft website for less money (about $100) for my Subaru. Check them out too. One tip, invest in a shark fin antenna. Threading the cover over the whip antenna is a PITA, even here in sunny California. If you have the shark fin, you might get by with a more generic lower priced cover (without the antenna pocket). My covers work well for rain, moisture, and frost...never seen snow. Good luck. Costco has generic covers for $50-75, last time I looked, and they are decent, but I prefer the Evolution material.