1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

car cover help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jmad1138, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Jmad1138

Jmad1138 New Member

Can anyone recomend a good car cover? There's no place i can park that I don't get hit with a sprinkler. :( Thank you.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I got mine from Coast Car Covers as they were local (San Diego). They had a wide selection of material (from "outhouse" to "penthouse" as they put it). and it fits very well. Here is a picture of it in place.

They aren't the only place to get one, but I recommend getting one that's custom made vs a generic "one size fits most" one. The generic will be cheaper, but a custom will fit better.

3. jrct9454

jrct9454 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We use a Noah cover on ours. This is also the fabric I have used on all our cars, including our Mercedes, for the past 10 years or so.

However, it should be noted it's not intended to be left on in a heavy rain - takes a long time to dry out if it gets really wet, and it isn't intended to be completely water-proof. If you need a truly rain-proof cover, you need to pick another fabric. It is fine for the problem you cite, i.e. sprinklers that go wild. When we are on the road, unless the forecast calls for heavy overnight rain, our car is ALWAYS covered because of this very problem in most motel parking lots.

At home, it is always covered, period, because our condo garage is open to the air at both ends, resulting in a lot of dirt and dust - the cover solves that problem nicely, and only takes a minute or two to put on and take off.

There are a gazillion online sites that sell them - do a Google using the words "car cover", and stand back...I think we got ours this time from AutoAnything, but there are many sources to choose.

4. Jmad1138

Jmad1138 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Sep 3 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]313572[/snapback]</div>

Thank you and thanks for the pic. I'm going to check into them.

Joel

5. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jmadison @ Sep 4 2006, 03:50 PM) [snapback]314192[/snapback]</div>
    I got mine from California Car Cover in Chatsworth (Ca). It was $149 with mirror pockets and a pocket for the roof antenna. Since the side mirrors fold so easy, I don't use the mirror pockets, and I replaced the OEM antenna with a sharkfin, so the cover is much easier to put on. Costco has generic covers for $50, but they don't fit as tight, and begin to shed fibers after about a year.

6. Mister Entropy

Mister Entropy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Been a year since the last post; does anyone have any new suggestions to add? I'm looking to cover my new 08 Prius. Thanks!

7. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I too would like some suggestions has to where to purchase a cover for my Prius, its parked outside all year, would be a lot easier to remove the snow and ice off the cover than off the car, especially when I have the hood deflector and those side window visors. Does not have to be custom, something light and waterproof.

8. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Check out covercraft.com website - $59.95 - They have lots of covers less than $100. I paid $149 at California Car cover for my Prius, and got an identical material, custom fit for $59.95 (for my Impreza) at covercraft. The only difference is the Prius antenna being roof mounted, requires a sleeve or at least a hole. Get the sharkfin, and any generic cover will work.

9. AOV

AOV New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks...I will check it out, and I can always remove the antenna before I cover the car.