1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. 1rocketman

1rocketman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm thinking of getting a car cover for my 2004 Prius, and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations or experiences.

I live in Florida, and am looking for something that will provide excellent sun/heat/fade protection when my car is outside.

Thanks in advance.

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    eBay. I have bought many covers on eBay $30. Don't buy an expensive one no cover will last long in this sun. Heat is unreal lately isn't it?

I did buy the Windshield Sunshade from PC Shop here. Just click "Shop" on the top orange bar.
    Been almost 3 years and that shade is still excellent. Fits perfect and very stiff. If I'm gone more than 5 mins I throw that shade in. Have a perfect dash still.

Oh and I bought these shorty dash mats off eBay too. I like them. They black out the relective part of the dash in the windshield so the windshield is very clear with no dash reflection. I think they were $ 30 delivered on eBay too.:

Attached Files:

3. 1rocketman

1rocketman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks for the reply....yes, it seems unusually hot too early in the season....we're seeing heat index values in the triple digits on our side of the coast - you probably are too.....

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two

All local tv stations report we will have record setting next 3 months. Hard to imagine its actually going to get hotter.

5. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The covercraft weathertech HD ones are good covers, if a bit on the expensive ($200-$300) side.

6. 1rocketman

1rocketman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks for the reply....I've been thinking about the weathertech's specifically because they have the version for extreme heat...but, they are pricey..

...on a side note, (and not meaning to be a wise guy), I saw your link to another article about being over 40 and buying a Prius.....being over 40 is actually an asset for my wife and I when it comes to buying cars......but I guess we might be in the minority....our secret is....we are both computer scientists.....gadgetry and electronics on cars are tame compared to what we typically work with.......

7. 1rocketman

1rocketman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    wow! I had not heard this bit of news!