1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car due date

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ekc, Nov 4, 2004.

1. ekc

ekc New Member

My car is suppose to come in this month..I'm next in line..and for some reason, although earlier on my salesman said they let the dealership know what's heading their way, he can't find out now. Is there a way on the internet to find out what new Prius cars are being sent to Sandusky, Ohio {where mine is being sent} when they hit our friendly shores? Thank you.

2. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I never found a way to do this successfully. I ordered my car in Nashville, which is also in the Ohio region, and my salesman let me know when the car was on the boat, when it had arrived in Portland, and when it arrived in TN. Your salesman should be able to access this info (I think as soon as the boat leaves Japan--I definitely had an arrival date for the West Coast port), so I would bug him some more.

It does sound like your dealership is just accepting whatever cars are being allocated to them and then distributing them. My did it the other way--once they knew what cars were being allocated, they matched them to their customer list, and then gave the customers all the info I just described. I think at the very least they should be able to tell you the cars they are receiving in the next allocation (allocations are generally released around the 1st and 15th of each month).