1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car freshener to get new car smell

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tredstone, Mar 19, 2009.

1. tredstone

tredstone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been looking into the "Little Trees" car fresheners line to get a new car smell scent... I know some like it and some hate it, but I don't have a problem with it as long as its not overpowering.

Little Trees actually does have a scent called "New Car Smell" but two reviews on amazon about it seem discouraging... I'm wondering if maybe the Leather scent might actually come closer to being the NCS. Anyone ever used either scent in their car?

2. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Nothing thats "new car scent" is going to smell like a new car unfortunately. You're better off using a role of plastic tape under a seat or a new plastic tarp. The smell is plastic offgassing...

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  4. Ytsejamer1

Ytsejamer1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got a pack of those trees in Winter Ice smell...whatever smell that really is. I do not know, i like it better than the New Car smell...does a decent enough job. And of course, don't take the whole tree out right away...only a bit at a time...every couple of weeks.

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five