1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car is broken................in the shop............again

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Gasitman, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Gasitman

Gasitman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This morning I went to go pull out of my garage and BAM...BAM...KNOCK........KNOCK.......ETC. I was like Wth is that?:eek: Thought maybe a cat or something got into the motor. I went to pull the car back and the brake pedal was vibrating like ABS was pulsating. I shut it down, started back up and a loud whistle was coming from the engine bay and I got the brake pedal surge again. I called Larson Toyota and told them to get a tow truck.

Did you know Toyota does not have roadside assistance?????:eek: I sure as hell did not. So I drove the thing in and no issues getting there thank God. Dropped it off and I am waiting to hear back now.

I checked the oil, and it was fine, no dead critter in the engine bay, at least none that I could see. I sure hope they find out what is going on with this car. It is getting very concerning. :confused:

2. a64pilot

a64pilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    There have been several reports of banging on first start, Blind Guy and some others. So far none have found the problem as it has "healed" on it's own.

3. Gasitman

Gasitman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good to know I am not the only one. I told the dealer about this website since they only have one tech that works on the pruis exclusively. Hopefully he will look here.

4. Gasitman

Gasitman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just called and guess what, no codes, no nothing. Go figure.

5. a64pilot

a64pilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    From your description, your incident was more severe than others, and is the first I have heard of any brake pedal anomalies. Unfortunately, you can't fix what isn't broken.

6. Spartane

Spartane Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  7. Gasitman

Gasitman New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    When I went to get the car today, I told them about this site and no one knew what I was talking about. They said there were no codes in the system, and Toyota has no clue of either the brake surge or rough start. Maybe someone should tell Toyota about this place.

8. a64pilot

a64pilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I can assure you they already know and monitor. They would be stupid not too wouldn't they? And I don't think they are stupid.:D