1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car Kit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jaguar88, May 17, 2005.

1. Jaguar88

Jaguar88 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What is your Car Kit, or what do you normally carry in your car when you drive?

I usually carry a cordless inflator and tire gage because the nearest gas station is more than two miles from home and I park on the street.

A micro fiber cloth to wipe bugs off the windshield, a note pad and pen to record gas and milage. I also bought a prius ashtray which is perfect for coins for meter money, but it doesn't fit well in the cup holder.

I am interested in what other people carry in their car for convienence or to personalize their car.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:8c60332f18]
    In addition to the stuff you carry, I always carry flares and reflective plastic warning triangles, and a flashlight or two. I have a couple of microfiber cloths, one for the MFD screen and mirror inside, the other for outside.

BTW, I also put red and white retroreflective tape under the spoiler and on the bottom edge of the hatch so, if it's night and I have to change a tire, oncoming cars can see something is there.[/font:8c60332f18]

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Parking Guide on front bumper.

Invisible bra on front, mirrors, headlights.

Decals on both sides, front windshield and back hatch.

Hybrid lightbulb antenna topper on antenna.

Black velour dashmat

Buckskin faux leather GT covers

Black wheelskins

Black leather hood, console cover and armrest covers.

Exactmats front, back and cargo.

Upper glove compartment I have maps, umbrella, flashlight, spare reading glasses, spare sunglasses and a little collapsible drinking cup.

Lower glove compartment is a swiffer duster, registration/insurance wallet, owners manual, foldable hat. I'll probably add a small first aid kit there too.

Front hump: little trash can with beanbags on both sides.

Lower drawer: nothing yet.

First cup holder: nothing, it's closed.

Second cup holder: garage door remote.

Center console: digital camera, Prius Club San Diego business cards, slot and phillips screwdriver.

Both visors: CD holder with CDs and pen and pad.

Center storage under CD player: CD holder currently empty.

Small water bottle in storage of both doors.

Back seat foot area: all four heatshields.

Back cupholders: two travel mugs.

Cargo area: horizontal net, vertical net, two cargo totes with: towel, gas can, Prius notebook, Armorall wipes (cleaner and protectorant), Maguires wax and detailer, shampoo pad, wax pad, 3 microfiber towels, collapsible chair, collapsible table, beach umbrella, chair umbrella.

In the left wheelwell storage: two small wheel chucks for changing tire salvaged from my old Nissan 200sx.

Bumper guard on back bumper.

Warning beeper in back left taillight to warn pedestrians when I'm in reverse.

The reflectors would be a good idea and I'll probably buy some of those. The chair, table and umbrellas are left over from EarthDay. The washing stuff is because I go to my parents to wash my Saturn while I'm trying to sell it and I need to keep it clean and shiny. Stuff will come out (cleaner and chair stuff) and stuff will go in (first aid kit)

Temporarily I've got a license plate frame in the cargo tote for when my personalized plates come. The standard ones came yesterday and I'm delaying putting them on the car in case the personalized ones come soon.

4. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have:
    front seat GT waterproof seat covers
    sun shades from priuschat shop for all windows
    entire cabin dynamat extreme installation
    signature series dashmat
    Flashlight in console drawer
    auto fire extinguisher on driver floor (velcoed to carpet)
    fuel log, pen, and $20 bill for emergency gas
    XM MyFi Radio (so no CDs or tapes)
    umbrella (wife refuses to walk in rain) :p
    road guard vest (mainly for morning PT)
    ice scraper
    disposable camera
    insurance and registration papers, accident forms
    cell phone charger
    all weather floor mats
    open box of dryer sheets (use to mask new car smell)
    300-watt monster power inverter (linked directly to battery, cleans power, and battery drain safeguard)

In trunk:
    3-4 small cloth towels for spills, cleaning windshield etc
    duct tape
    elec tape
    jumper cables
    vice grip wrench
    multi-screwdriver
    road glow rods/flares
    gloves
    industrial paper towels
    first aid kit
    bottle of distilled water