1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car pool lane pass?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tony, Mar 22, 2004.

1. tony

tony Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was told that the Prius qualifies for a sticker from the California Motor Vehicle Department that allows you to drive in the car pool lane with only one person in the car? Is this true?

2. AngelFish

AngelFish New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No. Not yet. Call the DMV. (from what I understand they are working on this though) http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/faq.htm

That being said, When my husband got pulled over for crossing the double yellow out of the carpool lane (alone) the cop did not know the laws on this. What he did say is that you need the HOV allowed sticker which you get through the DMV.

One warning about tickets in california, something that is not commonly known. According to the lady he talked to when we saw the fine... they are now charging a 200% tax on all tickets. I guess they have to get their money somehow.

3. jij88

jij88 New Member

I understand that Assembly Bill 2628, which would permit Prius access to HOV (not presently legal), will come before the Transportation Committee on April 12. To read the amended bill and submit your support and comment to the its author (Assemblywoman Pavley) go to -
    http://www.assembly.ca.gov/legcomment

John
    '04 Silver #9 / 51.7

4. mortdana

mortdana Junior Member

In Florida you can get an Car Pool Lane (HOV) permit if you drive a 2004 Prius. The permit is $5 for an annual permit. This permit allows you to drive in the HOV lanes anywhere in Florida at any time with just one person in the vehicle.