1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car pool lane pass

Discussion in 'Chevrolet Volt' started by EV_Lover, Aug 15, 2008.

1. EV_Lover

EV_Lover New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Should Prius owners voluntarily handover car pool lane pass to greener volt owners?:D

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    They can't. The HOV stickers for qualified hybrids are tied to VIN #. And they've all been assigned as of Jan. 2007 I believe.

There is no limit on the HOV stickers for electric vehicles, but the Volt does not qualify as an electric car because of the gas engine so it can't get those stickers either.

3. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    greener volt??

joking right?

4. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    That and the stickers would have a hard time adhering to something that doesn't yet exist...

5. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The answer is yes, unless of course the Prius is equipped with a ECT switch or until the Chevy Volt breaks down. I would keep the sticker in temporary status for those two reasons HOWEVER I am impressed with someone actually driving a VOLT. I assumed it was the fantasy of GM like my wife's fantasy being visited by Johnny Depp on a warm summer night with a full moon...I think I have my wife's fantasy actor correct.

6. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  7. blownb310

blownb310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am enjoying this thread! :D

8. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    the california ones were all assigned closer to the first week of February 2007

in jan 2007 is when they issued the 10,000 stickers <----- i might be wrong here

i heard 10,000 stickers got issued. i bought the car on 2/3/07 and prayed to my hybrid god oh please send me a plate so i can send in the application and sure enough they ran out of stickers before i got my license plate.

i could of paid to reassign an old personalized plate and used that to get the
    hov sticker, but i did not

i might of blew it, but at the time i thought i needed a license plate to get the hov sticker.

at least i got my san jose free parking permit to fall back on till june 2009, heh

9. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The correct sticker for the volt is a virtual HOV sticker. The physical ones have a harder time staying attached.

Tom

10. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Are they Vulcans, Orions, or from the frozen food company?

11. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm confused by two things. The EV_Lover part juxtaposed with the Volt. And how "greenness" is quantified.

The Volt is NOT an EV, no matter what GM is calling it. I mean GM also called the Silverado start/stop pickup a "hybrid." EVs don't have gas tanks.

Yup, I just checked. No gas tanks in the EV. Cars with electric drive and gas tanks are hybrids. In fact PHEV is about the minimum that I consider to be a hybrid. To me a hybrid must have two (or more) fuel sources. All of today's hybrids are gas cars. Something like the Prius is a high mileage gas car that benefits from some electric propulsion.

But anyway. No. And I'm not giving Volt owners my white EV HOV stickers either.