1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car rental, with accident repair work

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by harper42, Dec 27, 2006.

1. harper42

harper42 Member

I hit some debris on the highway and broke my front bumper cover, and possibly some other damage. They might need my car longer than a day. I have the extended warranty. Does it cover a rental car in a case like this? When they were checking out my car for damages, I asked if I could get a loaner car during repair time. He said that's only if it's a problem with warrantied parts. I didn't go into detail with him about the warranty. Thought I'd check with you guys, who know, first

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    typically unless the failure results from a defect in the vehicle covered by warranty (a pump fails, etc) the rental is on you to pay for. have you talked to your insurance company? they might cover a rental for you if you're going through them.

3. harper42

harper42 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Dec 27 2006, 07:44 AM) [snapback]367128[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the info. I'll check with insurance company.

4. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Most warranty and extended warranties will provide a rental car for warranty defects. Hitting an object with your car is not a warranty item. Call your insurance company to see if you have rental car coverage. Although, I would think this would be something one would know prior to actually needing to know it. Good luck.
    PS - I have to ask....you really did not think that Toyota warranty covered you when you had an accident (striking an object while driving) did you? :huh:

5. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If your getting the repairs done at a dealer, say hey I didn't hassle you about the price(unless you did lol) do you guys have an old use car that your gonna wholesale off anyway that I can"test drive" while you have mine.

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't see how this is a warranty issue...wouldn't your insurance cover a rental car if you elect that option?

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wrote the following response on the other thread where you posted this question:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Dec 27 2006, 08:19 AM) [snapback]367160[/snapback]</div>

8. carlisle

carlisle New Member

When my VW, had an accident and damaged my volkswagen car cover... It was not covered anymore by the warranty... Only those that are auto parts break down are included... Because my dealer told me that it was the companies out of control...