1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car Seat Help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Steves_pretty_girl, May 20, 2008.

1. Steves_pretty_girl

Steves_pretty_girl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sorry I am new to this site and I hope that I am posting in the right spot. I need information on what type of car seat that you recommend and where is the safest place to install it. I did read that the middle isn't the safest ??

Thanks in advance,

Ali

2. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ali. I am a "newbie," too, but WAAAY past car-seat age. You might consider going by a fire station and asking for their feedback. Plus you can maybe see some cute guys. (Tee hee.) Then I would check Consumer Reports website for car seat ratings. Good luck!

3. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Fire station is a good idea. I think all of them have a program where they'll install it for you. Yeah, the center in theory is the safest but there anchor points are only on the left or the right (at least I'm pretty sure they are not in the middle). If that's the case you'd have to use the belt in the center which IMO is not as safe as the anchor points. Because of this I'd say behind the driver is the safest place. I say this because if you were to be t-boned you're probably more likely to be t-boned on the passenger side as typically these accidents occur when you turn in front of someone. This is all my opinion as I have no statistical data to back that up. :)

Mike

4. pmanza

pmanza Fernsmom

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My niece just had a baby and the police installed hers and put it in the center even though there was only a belt there, no latch points. They said the center was always safest, and belt works fine if tightened up properly. She said the guy who installed hers actually broke a sweat tugging on the belt to tighten it up!
    Fernsmom

5. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have my car son's seat in the middle. I used the two latch points on either side.