1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

car seats

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bob Osgood, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Bob Osgood

Bob Osgood New Member

FYI - If you're in three child world like us, the Britax Bodyguard boosters fit. They're tight, but they fit. I was able to install three of them into the backseat of our Silver Seven. Britax builds a terrific seat - we've had one in our van for years. The "Racer" fabric looks great with our gray interior too. It's a bit of work to get the seatbelts hooked up, but if your kids go in serially it's doable without too much trouble. The Bodyguard seat has a narrow, adjustable seat pan. Our other car seats were too wide to get all three in at once. There are probably other brands that would fit as well, but this one works for us.

http://www.britaxusa.com/products.cfm?acti...4D0D7E6C23B708C

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By your mention of your struggle to get the seat belts properly attached I take it that these seats are not available with the LATCH system. That's too bad.

We're, currently, a 2 kid family (4.5 y/o twins), but we've got a 3rd coming in July. Had I known that before getting the Prius I probably would have opted for a different car for space/convenience purposes. Now you'd have to pry my cold dead bluetooth phone out of my hands to get it from me.

Still, since the baby will need a rear facing baby seat and there's no way it'll wedge b/w the two Costco car seats the boys are in currently we figure we're going to have to go to some sort of booster seats for them and put the baby in the middle and just hope it all wedges in comfortably.

If not, then maybe I'll have ammo for convincing my wife that I NEED the Highlander Hybrid!!!

3. KathyY

KathyY Member

I was under the impression that you could only use the LATCH in the two outboard seats, not the middle one. At the present time I have the AlphaOmega seat and another one (don't remember the brand) in the back for my grandkids and my daughter is able to squeeze in the middle if needed when three adults are going somewhere. She said it is tight but possible for short trips.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm, I can't say I've heard either way before. I can't see why you wouldn't be able to utilize the 2 inside LATCH connectors for the middle seat though.