1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

car shade re-installation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nncyang, Apr 14, 2007.

1. nncyang

nncyang New Member

I took out my car shade this morning and can't get it back in. The manual says, "replace" like it's a piece of cake. I've been struggling with this all day! What am I doing wrong? Am I just not pushing hard enough?

Thanks. I know this might be a dumb question, but just throwing it out there.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What shade? The toneau cover in the back? It should easily snap into place if that's the one you're talking about.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If you're talking about the cargo cover, it's not exactly square. So turn it so the shade part opening is facing up, then it should slip into the two holes on the side.

4. iaowings

iaowings New Member

If you are talking about the trunk shade look for the arrow on the non-metal pieces at the end. The thing actually goes in funny so it is pull out from the top.

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi peachee, welcome to PriusChat and congratulations on your new car! I think the other posters have given you pretty good answers. If you're still having problems, fold down the back seats and climb in so you can easily get at both ends of the shade. With the slot up, put one side in its socket and then the other and snap down.

Explore your new baby! Find all the storage pockets! Decide what you want to put in the box under the floor in the back. Take out the floor and the box and the spare so you know where everything is in case you need it. It's the smartest car on the road, so have fun with it! :)