1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car stalled and throwing P01ad code

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by stratusfear11, Sep 4, 2014.

1. stratusfear11

stratusfear11 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was sitting in my driveway with the car idling (engine wasn't running but car powered on) and all of a sudden the ready light shuts off and a myriad of spectacular lights comes up, including the wonderful red triangle. First thing I did was try to restart the car. It took several times but after maybe 45 seconds of pushing the power button off and on it finally came back on, with the ready light lit.

Except the check engine light and triangle were still illuminated.

I grabbed my cheap bluetooth scanner from the glovebox, and pulled a P01ad code. Searched what seems like the entire internet and couldn't find anything, except maybe some sort of hex code for something to do with battery block 19 voltage. (Scangauge or Torque App? | Page 3 | PriusChat)

12v battery was replaced this year, but I don't think that would be relevant, considering this happened when the car was already powered on?

Where could I find what that code means? Kind of makes me concerned, considering the car is about to hit 130k miles.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The reason you cannot find anything is because P01AD is not a valid Prius DTC.

Now, if you meant P0A1D, that probably means the hybrid vehicle ECU needs to be replaced.

Can the car be driven in its current condition? If yes, are there any drivability symptoms?