1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car Tuning Fail (I mean wow, just wow)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by a_gray_prius, Apr 23, 2009.

1. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. Shin Chan

Shin Chan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OMG, I just read 62 pages and i want that guy to work on my car...at least do my paint job.

LOL does not even come close

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    this dude is AWESOME!!!!!

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've never understood people who would put all that time and money into a car, unless they plan on living in the car. I was under the impression only drug dealers can afford this

Me, I'd rather live in a nice home and drive an average car, even a beater.

6. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Your logo/avatar describes how I felt when I saw the job that guy did. Did you notice that the linked thread has over 2 million views? I'd say the hack job that guy did on the car has united car enthusiasts worldwide (albeit in Fail).

I seriously hope that the guy with the NA Eclipse didn't get hurt by that hackjob of a clutch.

7. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It seems tuners all over the world can be easily pegged into the "loser" category. I just don't get them

Last year, I had to drive the old Ford worktruck from the hobby farm to the nearest settlement to pick up some lumber and other supplies for a project I was doing

The place I picked up the lumber and other stuff, also serves as a general store. A couple of loser punks were walking out to their Lancer (Is the Lancer the losermobile of the tuner crowd??) as I walked out to my old Ford

They started grinding away on the starter, it would almost catch then quit. My truck wiring fell apart years ago, so I rigged up my own wiring harness with a switch for ignition, and a push button for the starter.

I flicked the switch, pushed the button, the starter clicked, and the motor instantly started, smoothly purring. I drove off and they were still grinding away on the starter ...

8. Shin Chan

Shin Chan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I didn't want to give it away, but this guy grinds the rivets off one clutch plate and welds it on another. This is after hacking the metal to make it fit around the anti-chatter springs. He also drills quite a few holes in his pressure plate to "lighten" it. Wow talk about out scary no scatter sheild no balancing. I love the "sin groves" he put into the head, not to mention all the metal shavings that make there way into the bottom end.

I am flat out amazed the thing ran.

Keep this guy away from spray guns...fish-eyes galore. I know I will make it faster by painting it blue and gold and red and green.

Love the welds

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    OK, 14 pages, several photos and a few YouTube videos into the thread and all I'm seeing is a car.

What am I missing? I keep waiting for the thing to explode or something but there's nothing. Should I keep going? I'm getting really bored with it.

10. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Basically the modifications that the "tuner" did to those cars is jaw-droppingly/shockingly/amazingly poorly done. I mean the car is so poorly modified that it probably shouldn't actually function. For example, you can see the ridiculous job (painting over bearings and joints, seriously!??!) the guy did with painting the car's parts. The modification he did to the clutch of the second car is shocking because it is immensely (I mean like :eek: irresponsible level) dangerous and potentially deadly. The kicker is that the tuner is actually proud of his work.

I was entertained by the huge number of members from other internet communities checking in.

11. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I love the fully welded air intake system, even welded to the turbo!!
    Then he put an oil cooler in the wheel arch BEHIND the tyre! But it's OK, it had a good thick layer of paint over it, hahaha.
    He was aiming for 900HP, he got nearly 400 before the turbo swallowed some crap from the welded air intake and spat out some teeth. Lucky he was an expert!!

12. Shin Chan

Shin Chan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Love the painted pedals too

Engine bay...just paint the whole thing, never mind masking anything off or removing wire harness paint em.

The turbo that gernaded is a precursor to the clutch doing the same thing. Scatter sheild smatter-sheild who need one when your are an expert tuner.

13. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Had I not raced for so many years and known so many "tuners"I would have thought this to be an elaborate joke....

Tragic is the only way to explain this. lol