1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car Wars

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by DaveinOlyWA, Jan 16, 2007.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    this week NBC Nightly News is running a series on Car Wars.

yesterday they toured the Toyota plant in Ky (just about the time some Priuschatters were there!) where Kai-zen was talked about (is that spelled right?) and i guess to illustrate why Toyota will be # 1 (see next paragraph) a manager was asked how the company felt about any employee having the ability to stop the production line for even the smallest of issues, he simply stated "At Toyota, no problem IS the problem". the inference is clear... i wonder where gm could have been now if they had had the same attitude back in the 60's...

Today, the subject was a small Ford dealership in Indiana, owned and operated by 4th generation family who was wondering where they would be in the future and what they would need to survive. NBC also talked with the retired 3rd generation who remarked that in the old days, corporate Ford was there visiting every week. today, Ford has completely abandoned them. iow, no personal contact at all. but the telling thing of this piece, at the beginning they started by saying that some time this week, Toyota will pass gm to become the #1 automaker in the world. its not hard to see why

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The one guy that worked their said something along the lines that people buy the imports before looking what at what they had to offer. :lol: I looked and they dont have anything near what I needed. The Prius was number 2 on my list. An EV is at the top of my list. Last I looked not one american car manufacture has what I need. I NEED EV!