1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

car wash and fob

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by duanerw, Jul 8, 2005.

1. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    iI went to my car wash today and they let me go with it to make sure it was in nutural.I had put the fob on the dash as they usually have the mgr.go with it. when my 05 reached the end I wasnt quite past the end of the run and tried to start it to move out and the car didnt see the fob and it didnt start.after a couple bumps on the tires i seen the red key on the dash and moved the fob to my hand and the car started..
    from now on im going to put the fob in the slot before going through the wash.scarred the s--t out of me.

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ummm, why not leave the car running and in Neutral, as long as you're inside? A warm ICE should turn off anyway. Seems like that would avoid any issues...

3. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I always remove the fob from my pocket and place it in the ignition. The first time I left it on the seat, they sort of freaked.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

How were you in neutral with the car off?
    i recommend putting the car in Ig-On to put the car in Neutral, so that you don't risk draining the HV battery.
    However, if you try going from Ig-On to READY (or off to any power state) without the fob seen as available, you get the yellow car and '!'

EDIT: actually, you will get the immobilzer icon when trying an invalid ACC or Ig-On to READY without the fob. It will be locked there until you power off.

5. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    to get to neutral with the car off i hit power twice with my foot off the brake then put my foot on the brake and move the lever to neutral.before this i shut off the radio and air cond.