1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car wash question

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by creativeguy, Feb 13, 2010.

1. creativeguy

creativeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The people at the local car wash spray their all purpose cleaning liquid all over the interior of the car and then wipe it up. It's never been a problem on my previous cars, but I am concerned that the fuzzy A-pillar material on my Prius V will get stained by this practice.

Anybody have experience with this? For the locals, I'm specifically referring to Lozano's in sunnyvale.

2. azgringo

azgringo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I've been taking my Gen 3 Prius to the car wash since I bought the car last June. So far, no problems at all with any cleaners they've used.

Of course, one would hope that ANY professional car wash wouldn't use products that could potentially stain a customer's interior. I'd bet that you're safe with the products they're using. And if you really feel uncomfortable with it, just ask one of the employees to put a small amount of their all purpose cleaning liquid in a small, unnoticeable spot to test it out. Good luck!:)