1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car won’t go into Accessories mode after ABS system replacement

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MichaelSpeziale, Jun 24, 2023.

1. MichaelSpeziale

MichaelSpeziale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey guys! I had the dreaded C1391 code in my Gen 3 and an accumulator pump running every 3 seconds or so. I got the 2010-2011 parts new from Toyota and did the work myself, but after I did the air bleed I was unable to complete the linear solenoid relearn because the car refuses to go into accessories mode which means I can’t get to maintenance mode. While it did before the repair, after it only starts right into ready. The car runs just fine and the breaks feel fantastic, but I can’t clear the unlearn codes until I complete the relearn and want to know why I can’t get into accessories mode. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks :)

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The key difference between going into ACC mode or o IG ON mode and going into READY mode is whether the brake-light switch is open or closed (indicating your foot on the brake). So I would suspect something like the brake light switch not quite being connected or adjusted correctly.

By the way, the procedures you want to run won't run in ACC (one press, no brake) mode anyway; you will need IG ON (two presses, no brake) for those.