1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Car won't go to ready mode after cell replacement.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mmmadog, Jul 18, 2023.

1. mmmadog

mmmadog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    2004 with 280k. Had a bad cell number 13 so pulled the battery and replaced it having done this before about 40k before so not new to this and have mechanic experience. Put the battery back in and thought I better check it before bolting it back in. Car come on beeps say problem and won't go to ready mode and has the red triangle. Pulled it again checked every cell for voltage and all seemed good. I have double and triple checked everything but stumped on what it could be. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Brian1954

Brian1954 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You have trouble codes that need read since you have the red triangle. Retrieve the trouble codes and come back and tell us what they are.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. spdracrm3

spdracrm3 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You sure you installed battery safety plug fully and pushed down handle till fully seated?

SM-G960U ?

donbright and mmmadog like this.
  4. mmmadog

mmmadog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Yep that was it. Should have read a little before posting. I'm 62 and short term memory isn't what it used to be. Prius chat is by far the best and informative car forum I have ever been on. And I have been on a few.

donbright, spdracrm3 and bisco like this.
  5. mmmadog

mmmadog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Well got car running but Dr prius app now showing cell 14 is bad and cell 1 not much better. Drove it for awhile to charge it real good and Red triangle comes back on and car barely makes it home. Got code p3020. Car is just to old to put a bunch of money in it.

bisco likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a lot of us are facing the same situation in a difficult car market