1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Caravan to the National Meet-up

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Mar 10, 2005.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There is talk of a National Meet-up sometime this summer. It sounds like they will be more like Timezone Meet-ups, and that's fine. But my main question is "would anyone be interested in meeting somewhere and caravaning to where ever the CST Meet-up is?

I figure that we can find a common spot on the edge of Chicagoland in the direction of where ever we are headed. A mall parking lot, or restaurant, or shopping center. Preferably somewhere that provides an opportunity for the early-arrivers to sit inside and keep an eye out for others without having to stay outside.

When traveling, I believe there is safety in numbers. I also think it would be pretty darn cool to see a group of Prii traveling down the road together.

2. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

May I suggest an Illinois Tollway oasis? Search for a recent Chicago Tribune story. I found the O'Hare one to be very pleasant.

With the goal of traveling in the same direction, you have removed my only objection to meeting there for a local meeting. Easy to meet in the middle (of the oasis/bridge). A little inconvenient to loop around so everyone is going the same way.

I don't think our Nav system will have all the new restaurants in the oasis. By the time of the meet-up (when?), the oasis in Hinsdale and perhaps the south suburban one will be done.

Hope it doesn't conflict with my college reunion (of many people wearing a distinct shade of red).