1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CARB PHEV Status Update

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by miscrms, Jan 24, 2009.

1. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I know a number of people have been following the CARB debate on the future of PHEV conversions, so I thought I would pass along the following positive news posted this afternoon by Felix Kramer of the Cal-Cars Initiative.

Rob

2. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    GREEN JOBS! now that is job creation we can believe in. :D

"In a move with very positive implications, CARB took action to keep alive the possibility that an industry of converters of both hybrid and non-hybrid vehicles can grow and flourish, helping to reduce greenhouse gases in cars that are on the road, creating new local jobs, and further motivating the auto industry to mass-produce plug-in hybrids and all-electric vehicles."

-Now, if we can just get a huge portion of the new stimulus package to be dedicated to green jobs. Perhaps, we can cover ALL government buildings with solar panels, and install other devices to increase efficiency (such as electronic vertical blinds on the outside of windows of govt. buildings that face towards the sun). And, I'm sure there are thousands of other green jobs that the stimulus can fund.