1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carbon Canister location

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gray2012C, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Gray2012C

Gray2012C New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone have a diagram for or know the location of the Carbon Canister? I have a check engine light on in my 2012 Prius C. The dealer wants close to $700 to replace it. I can't find any videos on Youtube about replacing it on the Prius C. Any help would be appreciated. Just knowing the location of it would be a great start for me and a possible DIY replacement.

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If I remember correctly, it is near the left rear corner of the car, roughly opposite from the exhaust muffler, just aft of the fuel tank itself.

You aren't finding youtubes because nobody's needed to shoot one yet. The canister itself nearly never needs to be replaced.

I don't think I would leap straight into replacing it. That might be required but it would be smarter to diagnose it correctly first.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    In a Gen 3 liftback, it's kind of right up against the fuel tank. There's a box in the left rear corner of the car, but it's just a filter for indrawn air.

But that's a liftback; I haven't seen the layout for a c.