1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carbon/Ceramic Tint: What You Paid

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by boulder_bum, Jun 29, 2008.

1. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So I got my windows tinted today as a belated father's day present, and after a bit of research, I ended up going with a carbon tint to avoid any possible problems with all my gadgetry (GPS, Bluetooth, AM radio, cell phone reception, SKS, etc.) and I ended up finding the outfit that seemed to have the best reputation of anyone I could find (and I ended up paying about $75 extra for that).

I like it and think they did a good job from what I can tell so far, but I'm having a little bit of buyer's remorse now. Like, should I have gone with the other pretty reputable outlet that cost $75 less?

Anyway, just to sooth or aggrevate my conscience, I'm wondering what other people paid for carbon/ceramic tint jobs and how did you end up liking them?

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i love our carbon tint. the first job was done 3 years ago and it still looks great- and we have a lifetime warranty. i don't remember what we paid offhand, but we don't really count since we've got lots of connections in the local market.

3. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Out of curiosity, what brand film did they end up using?

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    suntek. so far, so good. :)