1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CarChip E/X - work with Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by enerjazz, Mar 25, 2006.

1. enerjazz

enerjazz Energy+Jazz=EnerJazz

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The CarChip site says that they support hybrid vehicles with their software version 2.1.1 or later and firmware 2.17 or later.

Anyone tried it yet?

CarChip E/X

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow....very cool... not sure what i would use it for, but very cool.

3. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

I found their document pretty vague. I sent them an email to say, "either say it's supported or not." Who knows what software, firmware, etc. you get when you buy the product. That's THEIR problem. Just tell buyers if the product works on their vehicles in clear language.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am sure it works, just as well as the ScanGage. That means that some things will work and some will not. The Hybrid thing is that it will continue to record with ICE shut off... like the ScanGage. ScanGage records some of the same things. Try it out and let us know it will not be all bad or all good.

5. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    They featured this product on the "Beyond Tomorrow" series last week (used for tracking teen driving habits). It looked pretty good, and the data management software was pretty slick.

I don't know that I'd be getting it myself (no teen drivers here), but it's certainly an interesting idea. For $180, it's not a CAN-View, but not a bad alternative for a non-Prius :p

6. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    However their list of cars "known to support CAN" does not include the Prius!

7. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Their site is www.carchip.com.

Only thing preventing me from getting one is I can't run ScanGage and CarChip at the same time. :(

Even if it can't read fuel consumption on hybrids like ScanGage, all the other data can be useful.

You could check the graph for one day's commute and figure what you did differently.

Thought it was cool it records brake slamming and heavy acceleration. Wish it also recorded sharp turns (so law enforcement could throw the book at distracted cell phone users).