1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

care package contents for soldier in afghanistan?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by galaxee, Dec 28, 2007.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    my close friend from childhood is a sergeant in the army. right now he is preparing for another deployment next month- this time he's going to afghanistan for a year.

i would like to send him the occasional care package while he's out there but i'm wondering what would be good to send him? i can bake anything, and i know home baked treats are always appreciated. maybe a current issue of a magazine he likes? what kinds of supplies would be useful out there? the more i think about it, the less i realize i know...

i can't spend too much but i'd like to send him some nice reminders of home and let him know that we're thinking of him and appreciate his service. suggestions appreciated.

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You say another deployment. If he's been overseas before, he'll have a pretty good idea what he'd like to get from home. Ask him. "What can I send you from time to time that won't cost very much?"

Good luck to him and I hope he makes it back safe and sound.

3. Cacti

Cacti Poleikleng

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I too support soldiers deployed.

Salty Snack Box: Beef Jerky, potato chips, pretzels, Nacho chips, cheese doodles, pop corn, corn chips, Bugles, Salsa, cheese (Velveta) plain corn chips, crackers, summer sausage , pepperoni, saltines, peanut butter….tuna, salmon, sardines (bagged/canned)……

Coffee/Tea/Hot chocolate Box: Sealed can coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cookies, granola bars, biscotti, Little Debbie Snacks……..

Winter Warm Box: Flannel sheets or pillow case, wool socks, gloves, face/head hat, long johns/under armour leggins Men’s Medium - Large, fleece blanket…..steel travel mug to keep beverage hot….SOCKS -they need socks