1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Cover Usage, Rattle

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by erikl, Aug 25, 2010.

1. erikl

erikl New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all, quick question on the cargo cover. When I received the car, the cover was extended with the small end piece flap pointing slightly upwards. This covered the lower window of the hatchback a little, but the plus side is that there is no rattling.

I've noticed that the flap settles in either a horizontal, or upwards position. I'm not sure if this is by design.

I've adjusted the end flap so that it is horizontal, but the cover rattles now. How do you have your cover set?

2. SamelCamel

SamelCamel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If I remember correctly, the edge of the cover settles in a slightly downward angle....

-Sam

3. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have mine set mostly horizontal with a slight downward angle. No rattling for me, and I retract and pull out the cover very regularly.

4. teeasal

teeasal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hmm, I notice some kind of rattling from the back too. Time to investigate if it's the cargo cover, thanks.

On another note I've been thinking of how to block the sun's heat by covering the big rear window. Now can we use the cargo cover to do that by mounting it up high near the ceiling? another thing to investigate!

5. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Lot's of people that have heard rattling from the back come to find that the back headrests are the culprit. Make sure they are locked into place.