1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Mat/Accessing Cargo Tray

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by MikeInOrlando, Aug 25, 2014.

1. MikeInOrlando

MikeInOrlando Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Searched the threads and could find the answer. I am looking at the Weathertech rear cargo tray along with other products. Does anyone have any experience with these? I was wondering if the Weathertech will make it so that I can't easily access the cargo tray below and if so, what recommendations everyone has for alternatives?

2. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Check out Husky or Weathertech Floor liners. Read the posts, just three or four lines above yours.
    I used the Husky's I like them! But weathertech is good also!:)

3. MikeInOrlando

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks retired4999. I read the posts and saw lots of great comments and am leaning towards the WeatherTech. What I was trying to find was a screenshot or review of how easy/difficult it will be to access the cargo bin underneath it. I noticed the Toyota OEM version is a two part where the seam is.

retired4999 likes this.
  4. MikeInOrlando

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks retired4999. I read the posts and saw lots of great comments and am leaning towards the WeatherTech. What I was trying to find was a screenshot or review of how easy/difficult it will be to access the cargo bin underneath it. I noticed the Toyota OEM version is a two part where the seam is.

Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/cargo-mat-accessing-cargo-tray.144534/#ixzz3BQVm6QLG
    Follow us: @PriusChat on Twitter | PriusChat on Facebook

5. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the Weathertech in my 2010 and just added the 2-piece Toyota mat to my 2014. The 2-piece mat is definitely better from the standpoint of accessing the cargo bin and still offers pretty good protection of the lining in that area. Unless you've got major schloshing of liquids going on in the back, Weathertech will handle anything you throw at it but accessing underneath is more difficult. You'll definitely need to bend it to get to the bin and may need to remove.

For my use (golf clubs/shoes, biking accessories and sweaty clothes, the Toyots is fine (and about 1/2 the cost of the Weathertech).

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Cargo area mats are a mixed blessing, in my estimation. Sometimes when carrying dirty loads you also want to flip the back seats down too, and then you're kinda hooped.

I just throw a blanket in there, for the most part. Big enough so if I flip down the back seats it can extend over that area, when needed. To keep it in place, I undo the floor latches, lift it up, and tuck a couple of inches of the blanket under, then close the floor on it.

If carrying something really messy, I'll throw a tarp in.