1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

cargo mat rubber or OEM carpet mat?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by FishHawk, May 4, 2009.

1. FishHawk

FishHawk New Member

So what do you think is better for the cargo area a rubber mat or the OEM carpet? FishHawk

2. Midpack

Midpack Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have the cargo trays and if you're going to put wet and/or dirty stuff back there, the lip on the fitted cargo tray are worth it. If everything you haul is clean and dry, you could save a lot with a basic rubber mat.

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I put anything dirty or wet in the box under the floor and prop the cover open. I have a cheap poly tarp folded up under the floor to use to wrap dirty stuff.

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I posted a thread suggesting the use of a door mat as an inexpensive option for protecting the floor of the cargo area. Please follow this link to that earlier thread. I provided a couple of photos and a description of what I'd done, and other people offered their own suggestions. It may be a helpful start for you.

5. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It really depends on what you plan to carry back there. If it's usually luggage, golf clubs, etc. the OEM mat is fine. If you carry a lot of tools, dirty or muddy objects, WeatherTech makes a good mat. If you occasionally carry something dirty, do what I do, flip the OEM mat over so the rubber side is up.

6. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I recently had to transport two dirty acid coated deep cycle batteries from our motorhome. I was glad that I spent the money for the Weathertech cargo liner (I bought from the PriusChat store).

7. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'll vouch for the rubber/vynl Weather Tech Cargo Mat.

Fits great---good product-can't go wrong .