1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo net: Spider-style or vertical?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Prius Pat, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Prius Pat

Prius Pat New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Which is more practical to leave "as is" vs. setting up and taking down after each use?

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    definitely go vertical. very practical for just dropping groceries or other small shopping items into. when its in the way, just undo at 2 top hooks or all 4 hooks. spider net is just for holding something down. not usually useful, and cumbersome to reach to the back to undo. its in the way when you want to slide things in or have dogs in the car.

1 person likes this.
  3. etkal

etkal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I kept the cargo net from my 2006 Prius to use in my new 2012, but it does not seem to have the top hooks on the sides. Am I missing something, or is that something they install when you get the accessory? I suppose I can just get something from Home Depot but was curious as to the intended design....

4. rogerv

rogerv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I have used the vertical nets on two Gen IIs, and have a full horizontal net in my Lexus. I prefer the vertical nets; the flat one in the Lexus is practically worthless, IMHO.
    Erik,
    The one in my Plug-in (and I assume the hatchback and V are the same) has very small hooks in the same bracket that holds the cargo shade. The net has a loop at each top corner, and hooks on the bottom corners. You may be able to look at one at your dealer, and possibly get the small hooks and screws from the parts dept.

5. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have both and still use neither of them... Haha. The vertical one is just a reusable grocery bag holder at the moment.