1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo net

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mjones12, Feb 23, 2013.

1. mjones12

mjones12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm looking at the "Genuine Toyota" cargo net on Amazon for about $33. Sounds like a better price than I might get at the dealership. Has anyone had any experience with this one from Amazon? My 2012 has two slots where the net should attach. Looks like some hardware would have to go into those slots. Does anyone know if the Amazon net comes with that hardware? Also, one reviewer on Amazon said the net does not fit the 2012, but another says it does. That reviewer speculated that the other one must not have gotten the hardware. I see another website advertising it for over $50, but this one specifies 2012 and 2013, so I am concerned about the Amazon info. Any input will be appreciated.

2. The Dude

The Dude Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm actually getting ready to buy one from my local dealership here. If you check online you can find Toyota nets from dealers around the country for the same price as Amazon or less and you can be assured that you're getting ALL parts and pieces that come with it from the factory. Who knows what these Amazon ones come with, they all seem to have very little descriptions. My dealer said it comes with the net and the pieces for the top hooks you're supposed to screw in to the plastic. Either way, Toyota completely blew it with the cargo net area by not pre-installing the damn net hooks to begin with!

crbe and WE0H like this.
  3. mjones12

mjones12 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah, they manufacture a slot for the hook but then don't include the hook itself.