1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Net

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by afed, Mar 20, 2007.

1. afed

afed New Member

My dealer just mailed me a cargo net for my 2007 Prius which was missing from the car when delivered. The cargo area has 4 O-rings in the 4 corners by the rear hatch. However, the net has 2 clips along one edge, but stretchable rope loops along the opposite edge. It's not clear what they would attach to. Shouldn't it have 4 clips? Does anyone else with a 2007 have the cargo net to check how it is supposed to be attached? Did the dealer send me the wrong net?

2. Acelin

Acelin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sounds to me like the dealer sent you the wrong cargo net. The 2007 net should be identical to the 2006 net which has clips at all four corners. The cargo net kit should include two D-ring mountings and a set of templates. You have to drill a couple of holes (using the templates to show you where) and press the D-ring mounts in.

Is it possible that your cargo net includes a couple "T" mounts? That would explain why you have loops at the top of the net instead of clips. There should also be templates and drilling instructions otherwise I think you have the wrong net.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree, the net you have sounds like the one for my wife's Highlander Hybrid which had some 'cleats' built into the car that those stretchable loops hook to.

The Prius net should come with 2 plastic D-rings that you have to drill holes for then install...there are instructions and a template to make it easy.

4. onree

onree Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just to be clear -- there is also a horizontal cargo net that simply a rectangular piece of netting that has four clips, one on each corner, that clip onto the four d-rings that are already in the cargo area (two in front, two in back).

5. Jimtak

Jimtak New Member

The cargo net I got for my 2007 Prius came with 4 clips - two for the in-place steel D rings on the floor, and two for the two neat D rings that you need to install in the plastic panel which also contains the slot for the retractable cover. Sounds like you were sent the wrong net, one designed for the Sienna or Highlander which have T knobs to attach the net with the loops.

6. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    where can I get the net that doesnt have to be drilled into something?

7. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(YodaddyAlex @ Mar 20 2007, 12:27 PM) [snapback]409016[/snapback]</div>
    do you mean the horizontal net or the upright net like the OP is describing?

The horizontal are a little tough to find but there should be something on Ebay...it's not a Toyota OEM item for Prius.

Here's One for $22

8. afed

afed New Member

Thanks everyone! Sounds like I was sent the wrong net. The O-rings came preinstalled on the car, all 4 of them so luckily I don't have to drill or install anything. I think this car was supposed to come with the cargo net, that's why the rings are there. When I saw the loops on two corners of the net, it looked more like the net I have in my Honda CRV which has "T" brackets instead of rings for mounting.

Will get the dealer to replace it. Thanks again.

9. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Howdy afed

You have several correct answers; however, if it's still not clear to you, here are some photos of the vertical cargo net ("envelope" type} and of the rings to which the net would attach. You can also purchase an aftermarket "flat" net which could be used to secure cargo on the cargo floor. I believe the one I have shown is the one delivered with a Prius. Hope this clarifies if for you:

[attachmentid=6969]
    [attachmentid=6970]

Attached Files:

10. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(afed @ Mar 20 2007, 01:34 PM) [snapback]409061[/snapback]</div>
    Be sure to look at Charles' photos. The pre-installed 4 metal D-rings are actually mostly for the tire tie down straps you should have gotten with your car. But the rear-most two are the bottom anchors for the net you'll get from the dealer (you'll get the vertical envelope, not the horizontal one). Thus, you will still need to install those 2 black D-rings you seen in the photos.

11. Truffles

Truffles Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    And installing the plastic rings is quite easy.

Just use the templates, the right drill bit and go slow.

12. mario24601

mario24601 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Which net version do you recommend?