1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Net

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SolarSiStar, Jul 16, 2007.

1. SolarSiStar

SolarSiStar New Member

Hi All,

I recently purchased a cargo net from Prius chat but now it appears i need to drill 2 holes into an area where to attach the upper hook-ups for it?? Where should i get this done right since i dont want to make mistakes in doing it myself? :unsure:

thank you!

Attached Files:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Suck it up and do it your self! Seriously, I strongly encourage folks to do this on their own. It's very simple, you tape the included template in place, get a drill with the proper sized bit, slowly drill a hole in the plastic. There's nothing back there to damage, the bit will go through the plastic like butter.

You'll have a nice sense of accomplishment of doing a small mod on your own.

If you just can't bring yourself to do it ask someone comfortable with tools to do it...it's just too easy to pay money to anyone to have it done.

3. SolarSiStar

SolarSiStar New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 16 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]479823[/snapback]</div>

I've always been someone to do things on my own but i'm still surprised there wasn't an already built-in spot for this specific net to be hooked up without drilling a hole into my new vehicle B)

thank you!

4. Armature

Armature New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SolarSiStar @ Jul 16 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]479829[/snapback]</div>
    I installed my cargo net when my 2005 was less than a week old. Courage! It's a piece of cake!

To quote Nike, "just do it!"
    ;)

5. SolarSiStar

SolarSiStar New Member

Ok, i'll ask my handyman neighbor next door for his drill and a 8mm drill bit and i'll get to drilling 2 holes into my baby:) just as simple as that, right?

thanks for the encouragement![attachmentid=9800]

Attached Files:

6. BellaHMB

BellaHMB New Member

So a silly question but..... how does the template tape onto the floor? Does the little curve fit with the
    curve of the car?

Victoria

7. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Victoria---the original photo shows the net spread out on the floor---but the 2 hole will be drilled up on the left and right sides of the plastic wall material, so that when the net is in place, it sit "vertically" across the cargo space, and opens like an envelope or pouch. Two anchors already in the floor of the Prius hold the bottom corners of the net, and the installed/drilled hooks, above, hold the upper corners.

8. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wow, pretty car. :D

9. SolarSiStar

SolarSiStar New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChristoB @ Jul 18 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]481360[/snapback]</div>
    Its done, i had a mechanic at Toyota do it while i was there having them also set my bluetooth for me:)

[attachmentid=9927]

Attached Files:

10. BellaHMB

BellaHMB New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SolarSiStar @ Jul 19 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]481646[/snapback]</div>
    Your photo is really helpful!! Thanks!

Victoria

11. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SolarSiStar @ Jul 19 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]481646[/snapback]</div>
    That explains why you posted this topic in the Audio and Electronics forum.

;)

12. Hemi4Prius

Hemi4Prius Geek Girl

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm confused... I want to get a cargo net, but the only ones I found are spread across the bottom of the floor, like a spiderweb.. but your picture and description shows the envelope style.

I want the envelope style net like yours - are they one in the same? :confused:

I saw some on eBay but they are all show the spiderweb picture.

TIA!

13. Linden

Linden New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  14. Another

Another Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring