1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Net

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by oldensign, Apr 13, 2005.

1. oldensign

oldensign Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Why are there four tiedowns on the floor of the '05 Prius? The official Prius cargo net mounts vertically in the very rear of the vehicle, and requires the use of the rearmost pair of tiedowns plus drilling two additional holes. The Toyota net won't stop cargo from flying forward. The tiedowns behind the rear seat are not used with the Prius cargo net. Is there some kind of stretchy net available with clips to attach to those four tiedowns?

Now ask me how I survived when my wife caught me heading for the week-old Prius with a Makita drill.

2. KCPrius

KCPrius Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oldensign\";p=\"81000)</div>
    Actually, if you'll lift up the cover in the rear (where the spare tire is) there are straps that you use to tie down. No net...just straps.

3. bobc

bobc New Member

KC has the answer but yes, you can also get an aftermarket horizontal cargo net that will utilize all four latch points:

http://store.davidhonl.com/

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yep. Those are the two reasons. For a horizontal net and for the tie-down straps (which are supposed to be for the spare tyre but I guess can be used for anything that's large and needs to be hunkered down)

5. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Re: Cargo Net- Horizontal

I use the one from David Honl - horizontal and love it. The vertical one is too hard to lift things over, so it got removed.

I leave the horizontal cargo net attached at the front two rings and only pull it over if needed. Works great that way.

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) I like the David Honl horizontal net. I use the Prius vertical net for small items I don't want rattling around and the horizontal for larger things like bags, big boxes, etc. I store the unused net(s) in the left side storage area. I do note that the Prius vertical net interferes with the lower rear window visibility so I sometimes leave it attached to only the lower D-rings.

7. oldensign

oldensign Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    And yet, the Prius manual - the subject of a separate rant - clearly shows a horizontal cargo net in one of its many misleading illustrations. But I'm off to buy the David Honl net that was recommended by the nice people good enough to reply.

2005 Black with Gray, Option 6 01/08/05