1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Tie down straps

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by harper42, Sep 23, 2006.

1. harper42

harper42 Member

When I got my Prius, the salesman showed me those neat silver rings in the corners of the cargo area, so one can tie down the stuff back there and keep it from sliding around. Neat idea. but where do I get some straps to use back there? Or do I just use bungies (Tacky!)

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No idea. My car came with straps but they're supposed to be used to tie down the flat tyre. I've already used them to secure skis and poles.

3. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I believe Tideland is correct, straps come with the Prius, but they are intended to tie down a tire in case you need to use the spare. I understand that there are cargo nets, both the envelope kind and a flat lying net that I believe uses the hooks. I could be wrong about that since I own neither. good luck.....

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are cargo nets that uses those hooks, both vertical (envelope) and horizontal (fishing net).

5. timcarlos

timcarlos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Sep 24 2006, 01:15 AM) [snapback]324164[/snapback]</div>
    I've been trying to order those straps to replace mine that were lost but no one at the Toyota dealer can find them in their list. Anyone got a part number or repair manual page number that'll help me out?

Thanks!

Tim

6. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

just went out and checked the package that the straps are in and no PN on it. Had a look at them and in my opinion they are useless for anything other than what they are designed for, hold down a flat tire in the back of the car, as it won't fit in the spare tire well. They are not adjustable. A couple of adjustable nylon straps are probably more usefull for holding down articles in the back. I looked in the parts list that I have and all I can find is the PN for the flat cargo net that hooks on the 4 tie down rings.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Frank, I actually managed to use them to hold down the skis and poles lol.

8. ilusnforc

ilusnforc Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got both cargo nets, purchased from Deland Toyota on eBay:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Deland-Toyota-Scion...9QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They are really great to have, unfortunately they are annoying when you try to get into the storage compartment under the floor because you have to unhook both nets from the rings where the door opens... so I usually don't use that compartment, instead I sometimes use the small compartment in the corner of the floor for a tire pressure gauge, bungee cords, etc, but I do like to store blankets in the main compartment under the floor when the dog is not in the car.