1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Cargo Tote?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pshady, Aug 24, 2004.

1. pshady

pshady New Member

Anybody got the factory cargo tote? Is it any good?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Got it, it's available aftermarket a lot cheaper. I think it's really handy, esp. for stuff like jugs of milk and other stuff that would otherwise slide around. It does take up a bit of space if you often need to put large stuff back there, but it folds out of the way too.

Probably worth the aftermarket $30 price, but not the price from the dealer/port.

3. pshady

pshady New Member

Thanks....

I think I'll pick one up - thanks for the quick review! I always have stuff flying back and forth in the truck of my Audi (should have gotten a cargo net long ago).

How big can the tote expand to?

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Thanks....

I'm gonna say it's about 3'x2'. You can probably get the best deal atConicelli Parts

5. pshady

pshady New Member

Thanks for the link doc! I just ordered one!

6. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

I had the dealer install it because they sold me on it. I have to admit... i don't know what it's supposed to do. Are you supoosed to put stuff between it and the tailgate?

7. pshady

pshady New Member

From what I can gather, it holds stuff that can fit in the 2 x 3 space, like bags of groceries or jugs of milk that might otherwise get tossed around as you're driving. Of course, a cargo net could do the same thing.

8. Dion

Dion New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have the cargo tote and cargo net. I only use the cargo tote now. It is really handy for groceries and stuff. I now keep the cargo net in the tote, since i never use it.

9. KathyY

KathyY Member

I use both the cargo net and tote. I don't put much in the net. I like the fact that it keeps things from falling out when I open the hatch. The tote is handy for many things and keeps stuff from rolling around the back while we are driving. I noticed that the upper connection for the net is starting to pull out of the car--I think it was caught when we were getting our new elliptical machine in its box out of the car. I was amazed that we got the box in the car but it fit with room to spare--this car really holds lots.