1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Carlson Toyota - Minnesota - has anyone ordered from?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by samsprius1, Aug 27, 2008.

1. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I am at week 9 for a black package 4 or 5. Called the dealer today and he was very vague. Don't know if I'll even get one in September.

Has anyone else had experience with this dealership?

:confused:

2. Woodj32177

Woodj32177 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Haven't bought from them,
    But I did go in for a quote about a year ago,
    They lowballed my trade by over 2000 off of KBB,
    So I decided to wait a while before buying a prius.

I now have a depost down on a 09' Package 2.
    From toyota city in Brooklyn park.

I just got a very shady impression from the carlson folk.
    They were very high pressure, and insisted I was serious even to have them do a trade in estimate.

I went again a few days ago just to see if I got a bad sales person, and much less pressure, but I just didn't trust the sales person I talked to, and he quoted me 6-8 weeks btw. He said they didn't need to do a trade in estimate, and it would be close to blue book price.
    Needless to say, I didn't really believe him.

So far I like the guy I am dealing with at toyota city, but we will see how it goes when my car arrives, he quoted me 8-12 weeks, very reasonable for me...

Good Luck!
    Joshua Wood

3. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    We have bought 2 Prii from Pat at Carlson Toyota.
    Very helpful, no sales pressure. Very good experience overall.
    If you are not getting detailed information, ask for it. If you still get vague answers, talk to a manager.

4. Barb L

Barb L New Member

I bought my 2006 from Carlson and was very happy with the experience. At that time they were still offering the $3,000 tax rebate and every other dealer in town told me that it was a 6 month wait or more. I talked to Carlson and they said about a 2 to 3 month wait. I was still shopping so did not put a deposit down. Less than two weeks later they called and said they had a blue Prius coming in (my first color choice) and I could have it if I wanted. I went in and put my deposit down and a couple weeks later had my car. I have also been very satisfied with the service dept. whenever I come in for my oil changes.